Monday, June 24, 2013

"Hurricane"

In the summer of 2008 and 2009 I worked as a horse wrangler at Camp Baldwin, a Boy Scout camp near Dufur, Oregon. I still remember the horses that I worked with and I have many photos saved in my art reference library that contain this herd. So this weekend I did a peaceful painting of Hurricane the palomino pinto. Each horse has their own personality and Hurricane's best buddy is a black horse named Hawk. Hurricane is a very pretty horse, but his girth was easily irritated by a cinch, mainly because he has a lot of loose skin and some people forgot to stretch out his front legs to smooth his skin once he was saddled. And he is a well behaved horse on the trail for the vigilant rider, and he knows when you aren't paying attention because he'll sneakily grab a snack.





"Hurricane"
8" x 10"

Purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment