Monday, June 20, 2011

(Princess) Havi

I just finished my second painting and I decided to take a picture of it in the fading light of dusk. So, this is of Havi, a rescued pit mix, and I had fun with her personality (I read up on her in her blog).

This was the photo which won the poll her parents did to help decided which one best portrayed their beloved hound.


Sometimes black animals can be boring black. But I decided to play with the hidden color: violets, blues, brown ... Along with so colorful washes for atmosphere which went with what kind of dog I understand her to be: a princess who is well loved. Thus, I painted this!


4 comments:

  1. OMD, Elizabeth! That's really beautiful!! Love the use of the "princess" washes in the background!!

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, were in awe! What an absolutely amazing painting! We actually have no words! Thank you so so so much, your work is outstanding. And yes, Havi is absolutely a Princess!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just beautiful! We love it!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete