Saturday, May 2, 2015

Latourell Falls Hike

I took a mid-week hike this past week. My friend, Laura, and I headed out to the Columbia River Gorge on Wednesday after work to enjoy the beautiful day.

We went to Latourell Falls and did the short loop hike (approx. 2.5 miles) and of course I brought along my camera!

The Upper Latourell Falls twists down a rock face into a little pool below. Below is a photo of it with Laura gazing at its beauty. You have to hike the loop to see this one.

The other two photos are of the classic Latourell Falls view which is easily accessible with a paved hike from the parking lot. I really love this one because there is the contrast of the sharp, jagged, basalt cliff and the smooth, flowing water. I also had a lot of fun playing with the manual camera settings; altering the exposure to get the blurred movement of the water.

Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Mother Nature is amazing and you have s great eye in capturing all her beauty and grace.

    ReplyDelete