Saturday, May 9, 2015

Dog Mountain Hike

I've read about Dog Mountain on my favorite website to look for hikes in the Portland area. I've seen a lot of photos of all the wildflowers and I know that summer came early and they are in bloom now. So, after work on Friday my hiking buddy, Laura, and I went to Dog Mountain with the intent of going up to the viewpoint which is half way to the summit.

It's such a steep hike through many, many switchbacks in a forest of Douglas Firs, Oak scrub, and various bushes. Then we emerged to the viewpoint, and BAM! It was worth all the water loss in perspiration and heavy breathing. Our end of the summer goal is to make it to the top of Dog Mountain, we just need to build up to it.

Enjoy some of the photos I took while I was on the hike.








No comments:

Post a Comment