Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Art Goals


Dwindling Light 

Tokina 11-16mm lens with my Canon
13mm  |  f/5.6  |  1/160  |  ISO 100

Jonsrud View Point


Welcome 2016!

2015, thank you for teaching me everything I need to use to make 2016 destined with excitement and adventures.

Last Christmas John gave me my beloved 85mm lens and this year I added a Tokina 11-16mm to the collection. It's hard to believe that it's been an entire year since then. And I've been improving with my photography with attending a waterfall workshop with Gary Randall and listening to Improve Photography's many podcasts, along with obsessing with Pinterest. ;-)

I've painted lots of new paintings this year, 12 of them for my solo show, Western Gold, 3 commissions, and 17 ornaments as special Christmas gifts for my collectors. I even created a couple stickers of some of my watercolor paintings. Now, I have more than enough original paintings the St. Paul Rodeo Art Show, so I'll be applying to more art events to set my art booth up at.

I've learned how to screen print and created a set up for at home. I've designed 3 screens already and one of them I made an edition of 25 tea towels (that was quite the production!). I also discovered that it's a lot easier to print in the coolness of the fall and winter versus the heat of the summer (something about ink drying too quickly ... imagine that, haha).

Here comes the part where I see if I fulfilled any of my goals for the year. Once I make my goals, I like never look at them through out the year. I just know what I want to do and don't need any reference.


My art goals for 2015 ...

1.) Post all my new paintings and in progress photos on my blog. Facebook is just the easy way to do it, but I want to make things more interesting. I'll continue to share my posts on Facebook and Twitter. Done, plus Instagram.
2.) Continue to enter more art shows, near and far. I didn't really fulfill this one.
3.) Have a solo art show. I had two solo shows! February at AntFarm and in November at Linn-Benton Community College.
4.) Have a booth at the St. Paul Rodeo Art Show. Yes!
5.) Attend an additional show (western/horse related) to sell my art. I went to Fiesta, I didn't sell anything but I did get some great painting reference photos.
6.) Explore more into photography. Definitely did that!
7.) Do a Kickstarter for my own booth set up. Kickstarter never approved my project, so I had to take out a loan. I do have my own amazing booth set up and I just had to buy a car it could fit in.
8.) Develop a looser style in the studio. Yes, my "sketchy" style has been created.
9.) Paint. Draw. Create. Always.
10.) Develop and expand Western Rose Studios. I started screen printing and it has been productive and I'll continue with it.


My art goals for 2016

1.) Book Photography Sessions - Families, Couples, Seniors, Pets.
2.) Have a booth at the St. Paul Rodeo Art Show
3.) Have a booth set up at: a Dog Show, Lavender Festival, Gresham Art Walk, Oktoberfest, Crafty Wonderland.
4.) Sell original watercolors.
5.) Enter paintings and photographs into local art shows.
6.) Design and sell screen printed tea towels and t-shirts.
7.) Post and sell items from Etsy along with my website.
8.) Design something amazing with my photography/paintings - maybe a book?
9.) Go to someplace like Yellowstone and photograph the wildlife with a super-telephoto (rented) lens.
10.) Find a house to live in and have a roomy studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment