Thursday, August 8, 2013

An Equine Jubilee, Celebrating the Horse in Art (Show)

It was bout this time last year when I heard about An Equine Jubilee, Celebrating the Horse in Art (Show) and I saw all the horse artists I admired had piece(s) accepted, and I thought to myself - next year I will do it! And I entered three of what I thought were my best paintings: "Begging for More (Rein)," "Girlfriend Time," and "Golden Days of Summer."

About a week later I heard back and "Golden Days of Summer" was accepted into the show!!!


Show digital postcard:




So, the other night after I went to TAP Plastics to get some non-glare plexi, picked up nice double mat boards, I assembled my piece, wrapped it up in (what seemed like 50 yards) of bubble wrap and I sent it in the mail to The Arts Castle in Delaware, Ohio. So if you're in the neighborhood when the show is on (about 2 months duration!), then swing by and look at all the art. There are 41 artists represented with a grand total of 77 pieces.






And I have limited edition giclée fine art prints available of "Golden Days of Summer" on my Etsy Shop. In real life the prints look identical to the original, every detail - even down to the paper textured just like the watercolor paper I use!



2 comments:

  1. I saw your piece hanging last week at the Arts Castle. It looks amazing. The castle and town are wonderful as well, it is a lovely venue to display your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you got to see it! If I didn't live on the west coast, I would visit the show, too! I saw you had a painting accepted to the show, too … Congrats! :-)

      Delete