Monday, October 24, 2016

Autumn is my Favorite Color

I don't know about you, but my favorite color is Autumn - golden brown hues tinged with orange. The smell of the rain returning to the thirsty ground is invigorating, along with brisk weather with pockets of warm sunshine.

Saturday was my birthday. And I wanted to go to Pendleton for the weekend, which is a three hour drive from Portland. But the big draw was that about 30 minutes from Pendleton was the last couple stands of Poplar trees from Greenwood Tree Farm. Times are a changing and the six miles of rowed trees will be gone for forever very soon. Here is an article about the situation.

Live for today.

I don't know how long we were out there in the trees. It didn't matter. It was about living in the moment and enjoying the here and now. There were about 6 stands of golden-leaved, white bark monuments to time. Some of them are a little crooked from enduring the winds, snow, and life of a tree. On the perimeter the trees were a wonderful gold and as you look into the depths of the woods, they slowly transition into the spring green.

These trees have been used for many a photoshoot. As far as I know, this is the only place like this in Oregon. If you haven't visited yet, make the time. You won't regret going for a long drive.









No comments:

Post a Comment