Thursday, October 13, 2016

Blue Hour at Mount Hood

It's pouring rain. The storm is here. They said it was coming. They have said that it is the biggest storm to hit the Pacific Northwest in a very long time. I hope everyone out there is safe and sound.

Last night I took the opportunity to head out to Larch Mountain for possibly the last sunset in a long time. When it's storming, there may not be much of a sunset. Not unless the clouds break and smile upon you.

I live about 45 minutes away, but had only calculated in 30 minutes of drive time. So when I reached the top parking lot, I hoofed it up to the top of the mountain. Part way up I can see the blue. I've heard of it, Blue Hour. 

I kept going up and up. Inhale, exhale, breathe the sweet, fresh air. I haven't been out and about in awhile. Now that the winter weather has fallen in Oregon, the chances of getting out are slim. But thankfully, I live close enough to the Columbia River Gorge that I can zip out and get some nature.

Needless to say, I made it to the top in time to capture this little beaut.





Stay safe, warm and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment