Friday, April 22, 2016

Wahclella Falls Hike

On Tuesday I went for a hike out to Wahclella Falls out by Bonneville Dam. I've been out here once before last September and thought it'd be nice to get out of the 90° Portland weather and up into the Columbia River Gorge. I headed up after work, parked, out out my NW Pass, grabbed my gear and headed down the trail. 

Once I arrived at the falls, I realized I left my freshly cleaned circular polarizer on my desk at home. I was pretty bummed about it, especially since this was the first time I'd been to the falls with my 11-16mm Tokina (last time I just had my kit lens and it has no circular polarizer). But I didn't that hold me back. I just used what I had: my camera, tripod, Tokina 11-16mm, and Canon 70-210mm. 

I was a little bit of a mountain goat, climbing up the opposite side of the canyon wall to get a wide shot; a bit of an otter, balancing on rocks and logs capturing long exposures of the water tumbling over the rocks; a bit of a Oregonian, standing in the unrelenting mist at the base of the falls with the frothy water lapping at my tripod. 

I'll be back and next time I'll remember everything that I want to play around with. 😊









No comments:

Post a Comment