Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Carriage Horse of St. Augustine | Digital Drawing

I have a new toy! I've had a little bit of time to experiment with it. I know I still have a lot to learn, but I'll get the hang of it. What is it? An iPad Pro 12.9" with an Apple Pencil and I've been using ProCreate (drawing app).

Here is the first drawing I've done with color. I used a photo from a trip a couple years back to St. Augustine, Florida of a carriage horse having a refreshing drink while waiting for some customers. One of the great parts of the iPad Pro is that you can split the screen. So, I can have ProCreate open and have the reference photo open right next to it, like in my screenshot below. 



After drawing and coloring in the carriage horse, I decided to add a layer and work on some line work so that I could possibly create a coloring book later down the road. 


I'm really having some fun with this. If you're interested in seeing more, please subscribe to my blog and let me know if you're interested in a coloring book. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment