Friday, July 13, 2012

Lavender Plein Air Art Show

So tonight was the day for me to enter my lavender paintings into the Yamhill  Lavender Festival Plein Air Art Show. Last night I cleaned the glass of my frames I found on sale at Michael's and prepared my entries.
After the judging by Jennifer Diehl was the artist reception and awards ceremony. I got there just in time for the announcements. As they were calling out the Honorable Mentions I heard "Elizabeth Zimmerman" and I walked up to receive the first ribbon/award I've won since graduating in May. My vertical painting "Lavender Field #2" received the award, because it's the best our of my three. After awhile I realized that only eight or less paintings out of maybe fifty received Honorable Mention. I'm so proud and thankfully my cousin(-in-law) was there to witness the occasion and snap a picture of me, my ribbon, and my paintings.


No comments:

Post a Comment