Wednesday, May 16, 2012

wine label news

Here are some links to articles about my Rose Festival Wine Labels:

Rose City Label Company

Oregon Fox 12 News

OCAC Student Services Facebook


Last night was the unveiling of another wine label contest I entered. It was for Thirst a bistro, wine tasting, and parties place in Portland in the River Place Esplanade. They had a special get together for the semi-finalist artists, and John and I went. We enjoyed the wine and appetizers. The contest was to design labels for the in-house white and red wines. Then the moment of unveiling, the owner pulled the wine bottles out the paper bags and they were mine! I was so excited. A grand total of 30 people entered designs and mine was chosen. 

Now, I need to keep the momentum going of entering contest and being confident in my designs. While thinking about this particular design I had a couple going through my head and decided to focus on the one I thought was the strongest, even though there was the option of entering multiple designs. I have a couple alterations to do on the designs, which is expected, nothing can be perfect the first time around, especially in designing labels.

Photos to come. I hope everyone's week is rounding out nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment