Sunday, December 20, 2015

December Snow | Photography

Yesterday, John and I went for a little trip up the mountain to look at the snow first hand, also it was our first trip in the snow with the Highlander.

We drove up to Timberline Lodge, but there was a cloud bank up there, so we turned around and headed to White River. But on the way down from Timberline, I snapped a few photos since the sun was giving an amazing glow right before it descended below the horizon.

At White River Sno Park, we met an Eagle Scout (circa 1964) and his cute little pooch. Then John led the way down towards the river and stomped out a spot to set up my tripod. I really needed the tripod since the warm sun rays were no where to be seen. I used a longer exposure and higher ISO to capture the images of the cold, cold White River ambling through the snow frosted rocks.

If all goes to plan, sometime this winter John and I will go snowshoeing. I haven't done that in ages and I'm itching to get somewhere out of the main stream stops. 

I hope you enjoy these photos, thanks for looking, and stay warm!










No comments:

Post a Comment