Thursday, October 15, 2015

Owyhee Night Sky | Photography

We were camped along Lake Owyhee, which is a reservoir that is over 20 miles long! We had the perfect camping spot for me to do some experimenting with night photography. 

Th first one is my first experiment with a long exposure. I usually do a series of photos and then Photoshop them together to create the star trails, but this time I took one long exposure. I believe this one is about 12 minutes. You may notice all the stars are swirling around one star. The stationary star is the North Star, Polaris, which is always true north and never moves.

The second one is another long exposure, but this time it's of the dam. There are red, white, and blue lights on the dam, and I was successful of doing another long exposure which also highlighted the rotation of the Earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment