Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Researching Ideas: Sealing Watercolors, and ODFW Stamp

I've been thinking about my watercolor paintings and how much time and effort and money it takes me to properly frame my watercolor paintings. So, I've done some researching and I'm going to experiment with sealing my paintings with UV Resistant clear spray and some fluid matte medium. I found this by googling "sealing watercolor paintings" and came up with these sites: eHow, David Castle Art, and Ampersand.

Another reason why I thought of researching this was because I've been brainstorming on creating a new series that I can sell in a shop of some sort. While I took my cat to the vet today, I noticed that the exam room had next to no art. ding ding ding … I could hang my animal-themed art and have a price on it, maybe someone will like one to buy one. I called and left a message for the owner of the pet clinic and hopefully he'll get back to me. I also have another lead … one of my co-workers' daughter is starting a shop in a business zoned house in the Hawthorne District of Portland, and the mother took multiple business cards of mine to show her.

Right now I'm working on a painting for the 2013 ODFW Habitat Conservation Stamp Art Contest. It's a kit fox, since the paintings need to be from a list of animals. If there are any other artists who are interested in this contest, it's due by the end of August. So, off to work …

No comments:

Post a Comment