Friday, December 2, 2011

yesterday = horsie day!

So, yesterday was full of horsieness! My school studio buddy and I went around Portland looking at Deborah Butterfield sculptures. Has anyone ever seen one in person? Now, I've seen (and touched four!), Dance Horse, at the Portland Art Museum is in the courtyard and if the museum is open it's free to look at. The other three are a little bit harder to find at the Portland International Airport. They are just standing in a patch of grass as you exit the terminal (down the road). There is a secret little parking lot for like six cars and by some miracle, we found it. The super secret place is when you are about to go into the terminal drop off there is a delivery truck exit. Go on that and continue to the exit, and the parking area has no signs and is in the trees and there are picnic tables. But if you want to get up close to the horses .... you need to watch the traffic and at the right moment, sprint across three lanes of traffic. Well, that's the fun part, because yesterday the grass was super soggy and so were my shoes, but it was well worth it. :-)

Dance Horse

Dance Horse






The next part of my day of horsieness was watching Cavalia. I was so excited,  and it was for a reason because it was great! If you love horses and ever get the chance, DO IT! I was lucky enough to be outgoing and introduce myself to the woman sitting next to me and I found out that she went with her dressage barn. I was disappointed that I could only find two of my business cards, because I could have given them all to potential customers. It never dawned on me that I would be networking! But anyways, Cavalia was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!




Me with the Big White Top of Cavalia behind me

1 comment:

  1. I saw Cavalia last summer! What a thrill. Deborah Butterfield's work is amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete