Saturday, October 22, 2011

art and life

So, today is my birthday ... I'm not so old yet that I've stopped counting. hahaha

I decided to share some of my recent art. This is a piece I created which is a process towards my thesis:


I really like the layering of watercolor and the drips. It's something different, loose and I think fun. It also is abstract and realistic, and I don't think it's over done. It's going to be hard to live up to this one .... maybe. What do you think of this new approach?

And this watercolor painting is of a commission:


The commissionee used to work at the golf course and he was visiting when he saw some sample paintings I had in the proshop and then he spent the night dreaming of hole he'd want me to paint. This is hole 15 and I have the white flowers he loved which grew in the rough and the green, bunker and pin of hole 4 peeping through the trees on the left. He absolutely loved it!!! I love it when my customers are in love with the painting I did just for them!   :-D

And now I have a picture of a woman who is part of a draft horse community which has commissioned me many, many times. I got to visit with her today, after many years. It was good to catch up on life. This photo is of her and her youngest team of European style Belguin horses (they are chunkier, like a bulldog) Hal (6 years old) and June (9 years old). I have painted both of their mothers (Daisy and Grace). So, here they are getting a load of anticipating parents and youngsters at a nearby orchards:


June is on the left and Hal is on the right. June is like a rock, she is a sound horse and very trusty, which is fantastic because Hal wasn't sure of some things along the dirt road winding through the apple, pear, and peach trees.

And lastly, I leave you with Obi. Today he is a 7 week 1 day old Blue Heeler/Border Collie mix. He's as cute as a button and I sooooo would love to have him, but he's my boss's new pup. So, here's OB (golf term for Out of Bounds) <3


I took this at work today, he was playing outside before I came into work and when he came in, we put him on the counter and started to take a nap. This is him waking up because his daddy came back in after playing in a tournament.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!! 

2 comments: